Sep 22, 2020 12:22 UTC
Sep 22, 2020 at 12:22 UTC
NEWS: Allahabad HC launches official website for Middle Income Group Legal Aid Society
Allahabad High Court has launched an official website of the Allahabad High Court’s Middle Income Group Legal Aid Society as a part of the Middle Income Group Legal Aid Scheme of the Supreme Court of India, aiming to provide legal aid in the form of advisory as well as representational services with a view to introduce remote legal assistance and open new avenues to access of justice.
The society will provide legal aid in form of advisory and representational services to individuals who belong to middle income group with the total income in between ₹6,00,000/- to 12,00,000/- per annum.
The Society is a Charitable and non-profit undertaking of the Allahabad High Court.
The services will include:
- Giving legal advice and opinion on all issues of law
- Counseling on remedies and avenues available for legal redress
- Representing litigants in proceedings initiated by or against them before the Allahabad High Court
- Representation before the Mediation and Conciliation Centre as well as arbitration proceedings falling within the jurisdiction of the Allahabad High Court
- Remote legal services and assistance via emails, video calls and other online, as well as social media platforms
The advisory services will be provided free of cost but a pre-determined nominal amount will be charged for representation services.
An application detailing the legal grievance should be sent at the contact information provided on the website in order to avail the benefit of the scheme and with 15 days of receipt, a response will be communicated to the applicant.